Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fabric Obsession

It's more like a fabric website obsession. Ever have a week where things kind of fall in to place? That's how I feel after finding The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com
I really don't like picking fabric for projects. It's ok, but I'm really bad at finding colors that work together. If I love a fabric and want to design a quilt around it, I do ok, but otherwise I don't really enjoy it.
I did not even realize (stupid, I know) that deigners make collecitons of fabric. Just never thought about it. Sometimes ten, even forty fabrics that all work beautifully together. And it gets better. You don't have to just buy it by the yard. They sell bundles. Fat quarters, fat eighths. Jelly rolls. Yes, jelly rolls. Long narrow strips of fabric all bundled up nice and cozy. But wait, there's more. Quilts are even designed using these cuts. Oh so cute quilts that mash dozens of colors together.
Once I get my next two projects underway, I'm placing a big, big order!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE picking fabric for projects and I can't even sew or quilt. I think it stems from my obsession with scrapbook paper. I've been told a few times (by two friends and one quilt shop owner) that I have an eye for color and pattern. You have no idea how that made my day! (That made me sound really snotty.)

    I have the Sugar and Spice Fabric by The Quilted Fish for Riley Blake Designs bookmarked, although I have no idea what I'd do with it. I just love it:

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/70572261/sugar-and-spice-fabric-by-the-quilted

    ReplyDelete